The Client Working on one of the largest initiatives for a multi-billion dollar fintech company, Envestnet, Inc. is an American financial technology corporation which develops and distributes wealth management technology and products to financial advisors and institutions. Their flagship product is an advisory platform that integrates the services and software used by financial advisors in wealth management.
The Challenge Envestnet aimed to improve their legacy Proposal tool with their Next Generation Proposal tool to create an experience that is easy to use and delight users. This is a web application where an advisor can create a financial proposal to prospect clients. Projects would include a workflow from the legacy tool where I would design how it would function in the new tool.
The Process Working collaboratively with fellow designers, product managers, and developers in an agile development cycle I rapidly prototyped designs in Figma and iterated based on feedback from stakeholders. Using project management tools such as Jira and Confluence I managed and tracked my design tasks and requirements.
Role Product Designer
An upcoming change to the Next Generation Proposal tool that incorporates all the tools available into a single platform required a new layout change including a new progress bar that previously was on the side. This challenge was given to multiple designers throughout the company and my design was selected to be used.
The design includes the proposal name, proposal actions such as edit, copy, and delete, view recent proposals, and the steps that a user would go through. The steps component includes the default, completed, and in progress states.
A feature from the legacy proposal tool, the import holdings project imported accounts from Client Central into the Next Generation tool to be used in the user’s proposal. This modal popup was opened from the dashboard and the user can either enter the entire account number and add it or search for the account in the dropdown. When searching for an account, users can use filters to find an account, then selecting an account and using the add button.
I built out all the states that would happen when using the popup such as when a user searches without any filter text inputted, no matches found, and when a scroll bar appears once 10 or more accounts are listed. I added annotations to the project to make it easier for developers to know how the popup functions. Multiple versions of this popup were created as the team thought through the project till we decided with this version.
Another feature that was added from the legacy proposal tool, the IP exceptions project added to an existing feature that added a new option to the Security Concentration popup in the Fees page.
I broke down the user flow showing how the Security Concentration was added, removed, and edited by a user. I included arrows to easily follow the project flow and even linked the prototype for a developer to see how the project will function.